Born April 24, 1973, Bombay (now Mumbai), Maharashtra
Major teams India, Asia XI, Mumbai, Mumbai Indians, Yorkshire
Nickname Tendlya, Little Master
Playing role Top-order batsman
Batting style Right-hand bat
Bowling style Right-arm offbreak, Legbreak googly
Height 5 ft 5 in
Sachin Tendulkar The God Of Cricket Records
1. Highest Run scorer in the ODI (18426 Runs)
2. Highest Run scorer in the Test Cricket (15837)
3. Most number of hundreds in the ODI (49 Century)
4. Most number of hundreds in the Tests (51 Century)
5. Most number of man of the matches in the ODI’s -62
6. Most number of man of the series in ODI’s
7. First Cricketer to pass 10000 run in the ODI
8. First Cricketer to pass 15000, 16000, 17000, 18000 runs in the ODI
9. Highest run scorer in the world cup – 2560 runs at an average of 56.95
10. Most number of the man of the matches in the world cup
11. Most number of runs in 1996 world cup 523 runs at an average of 87.16
12. Most number of runs in 2003 world cup 673 runs, highest by any player in a single Cricket WC
13. Most number of Fifties in ODI’s (96 fifty)
14. Only player to be in top 10 ICC ranking for 10 years.
15. First Indian to surpass 11,000 runs in Test cricket.
16. First and Only cricketer to get Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna.
17. Wisden rated Tendulkar as the No. 1 and Richards at No. 2 in all time Greatest ODI player in 2003.
18. Wisden rated Tendulkar as the second greatest Test batsman after Sir Donald Bradman in 2002.
19. Sachin was involved in unbroken 664-run partnership in a Harris Shield game in 1988 with friend and team mate Vinod Kambli.
20. Tendulkar is the only player to score a century in all three of his Ranji Trophy, Duleep Trophy and Irani Trophy debuts.
21. In 1992, at the age of 19, Tendulkar became the first overseas born player to represent Yorkshire.
22. Tendulkar has been awarded with Arjuna Award and Padma vibhushan by Indian government, the only Indian cricketer to get all of them.
23. Tendulkar has scored over 1000 runs in a calendar year in ODI’s 8 times
24. Tendulkar has scored 1894 runs in calendar year in ODI’s most by any batsman
25.First batsman in the history who was given out through third umpire.
26. He has the least percentage of the man of the matches awards won when team looses a match. Out of his 62 man of the match awards only 7 times India has lost.
27. Most number man of match awards against Australia
28. First batsman in history to score over 50 centuries in international cricket
29. Tendulkar was the first batsman in history to score over 75 centuries in international cricket: 99 centuries
30. Has the most overall runs in cricket, (ODIs+Tests+Twenty20s) he had accumulated almost 34182 runs overall. (as of March 07,2013)
31. Sachin Tendulkar with Sourav Ganguly hold the world record for the maximum number of runs scored by the opening partnership. They have put together 6,271 runs in 128 matches.
32. The 20 century partnerships for opening pair with Sourav Ganguly is a world record
33. Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid hold the world record for the highest partnership in ODI matches when they scored 331 runs against New Zealand in 1999 (Sachin 186*, Dravid 153)
34. Sachin has been involved in six 200 run partnerships in ODI matches – a record that he shares with Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid
35. Most Centuries in a calendar year: 9 ODI centuries in 1998
36. Only player to have over 100 innings of 50+ runs (41 Centuries and 87 Fifties)(as of 18th Nov, 2007)
37. The only player ever to cross the 13,000-14,000 – 15, 000and 16,000 run marks IN ODI.
38. Maximum number of boundaries in a single innings, holds the record with sehwag (25 fours)
39. Maximum number of 150 plus scores in ODIs
40. Tendulkar has scored over 1000 ODI runs against all major Cricketing nations.
41. Sachin was the fastest to reach 10,000 runs taking 259 innings and has the highest batting average among batsmen with over 10,000 ODI runs
42. Most number of Stadium Appearances: 90 different Grounds
43. Consecutive ODI Appearances: 185
44. On his debut, Sachin Tendulkar was the second youngest debutant in the world
45. When Tendulkar scored his maiden century in 1990, he was the second youngest to score a century
46. Tendulkar’s record of five test centuries before he turned 20 is a current world record
47. Tendulkar holds the current record (217 against NZ in 1999/00 Season) for the highest score in Test cricket by an Indian when captaining the side.
48. Tendulkar has scored centuries against all test playing nations. He was the third batman to achieve the distinction after Steve Waugh and Gary Kirsten
49. Tendulkar has 4 seasons in test cricket with 1000 or more runs – 2002 (1392 runs), 1999 (1088 runs), 2001 (1003 runs) and 1997 (1000 runs). Gavaskar is the only other Indian with four seasons of 1000+ runs
50. He is second most number of seasons with over 1000 runs in world.
51. On 3 January 2007 Sachin Tendulkar (5751) edged past Brian Lara’s (5736) world record of runs scored in Tests away from home
52. Tendulkar and Brian Lara are the fastest to score 10,000 runs in Test cricket history. Both of them achieved this in 195 innings
53. Second Indian after Sunil Gavaskar to make over 10,000 runs in Test matches
54. Became the first Indian to surpass the 11,000 Test run mark and the third International player behind Allan Border and Brian Lara.
55. Tendulkar is fourth on the list of players with most Test caps. Steve Waugh (168 Tests), Allan Border (158 Tests), have appeared in more games than Tendulkar.
56. Tendulkar has played the most number of Test Matches for India (Kapil Dev is second with 131 Test appearances).
57. First to 25,000 n 30,000 international runs
58. Tendulkar’s 33,000+ runs in international cricket include 18000+ runs in ODI’s, 15,000+ Tests runs and 10 runs in the lone Twenty20 that India has played.
59. On December 10, 2005, Tendulkar made his 35th century in Tests at Delhi against Sri Lanka. He surpassed Sunil Gavaskar’s record of 34 centuries to become the man with the most number of hundreds in Test cricket.
60. Tendulkar is the only player who has 150 wkts and more than 15000 runs in ODI.
61. Tendulkar is the only player who has 40 wkts and more than 15000 runs in Tests
62. Sachin hit the first double century in the 40 year history of one day internationals.